Changes for Landlord Electrical Safety Regulations
Legislation is due to be passed later this year making rented properties in England and Wales safer. Below is a summary of some of the changes;
- Mandatory 5-yearly electrical inspections,
- Copies of electrical reports to be made available to new and existing tenants within 28 days,
- Landlords will be required to repair C1 and C2 remedial faults and have FIs investigated within 28 days (see this article on report coding),
- Only a registered competent electrician can carry out the inspection (i.e. Nick Nacmanson Electrical Services),
- Local authorities can demand to see the electrician's report to ensure landlords are complying with the new statutory requirements,
- Landlords can be fined up to £30,000 if they don't comply.
These new regulations are due to be introduced for new tenancies starting 1st July 2020 and existing tenancies from 1st April 2021.
Click here for more information
Nick Nacmanson Electrical Services regularly conduct Landlord Safety Reports (EICRs) and conduct all forms of remedial work at competitive rates. Contact us for a no-obligation quote and get ahead of the new legislation.